Monday, September 21, 2009


For the past two septembers, I've spent a week in New York City, enjoying the sweltering heat and getting a new fall wardrobe. Sadly, I'm stuck at home this year, and while I purposely picked summering in Italy over fall in NYC, I miss the tradition. I miss the MoMA and Central Park; I miss SoHo shopping and Greenwich Village people watching. Most of all, I miss the food in Hell's Kitchen, but that could be because I haven't eaten dinner yet. The last time I went, the noise really got to me and I was annoyed and overwhelmed with the city by the end of the trip, prompting me to decide that Europe was a better option next year. But, here I am, wishing I was finishing up shopping at Oak and Opening Ceremony and getting ready to have Mexican food in Alphabet City. LCD Soundsystem summed up my feelings well with "New York I Love You".

No comments:

Post a Comment