Sunday, October 25, 2009


I've had the loveliest weekend. After five days stuck at home with a fever and flu, I finally got out on friday night to see my friends' band, The Grown Ups, play at Broken City. It's been months since my last live show, and I can't believe I waited so long. The Grown Ups were charming, talented, and hilarious, and I fully enjoyed myself. Yesterday morning, I had coffee in bed, with cream cheese, onions, and smoked salmon on rye toast. I got a few pages into Turn Of The Screw before changing my mind yet again about whether or not it was too scary- I think I'll wait until Halloween is over. Victorian horror is truly chilling, even without the modern day gore, or even seeing the monsters and ghosts. Something about the writing makes my blood crawl. So it was off to dinner with my friend, and then to Winners and Superstore. Back home again, with a new purple felt bag, to get ready for a movie- Where The Wild Things Are. The story is terribly sad, but the movie itself is so beautiful, and funny, that I can't wait to see it again. Karen O did a fantastic job with the music, and Catherine O'Hara voiced the Wild Thing Judith, making me think of all the other wonderful movies she's in. Thanks to my date for a lovely evening! St. Vincent was haunting on Austin City Limits, and as much as I was awake for, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks were, as usual, perfect for each other in You've Got Mail. Now, hot coffee and pomegranate green tea while I work and wait for friends to visit. I'm looking forward to visiting with friends again tonight, and maybe another date?

No comments:

Post a Comment